Friday, August 22, 2008

Cooking School, 90210

So at the orientation we were given super large books, knives, and measured for uniforms. I was relieved to see that it was a randomish mix of men and women. No marcel from top chef types. No real housewives looking ladies. Except one. We'll see how that pans out. But in all real chill. The first impressions are shallow and judgemental so I'll wait to really dig in to my classmates. Otherwise, just your ordinary orientation with basic rules: No raised rings, big earrings, open toed pumps, fake fingernails. We were given the cia cookbook. Largest book I have ever owned. And a cordon blue baking book. And a servesafe sanitation book. We were given a calendar with our curriculum schedule. One of my favorite moments was when the chef was describing how some female students had there uniforms altered to be more flattering. Awesome. Halfway through the course they had to order new ones because they were uncomfortable.

The course will last until end of February. You get to come to school with me.

2 comments:

SOUP OF THE DAY said...

What a great blog idea! Can't wait to see how everything goes! Will they let you take photos?

Maria Lehmkuhl said...

I better not be the OC houswife. :)