Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 10

So we tasted wine today. We had a basic lecture which was long but informative and comprehensive. Then we tasted. We had a rose from Tavel, France, a chardonnay from Burgundy and a chardonnay from Sonoma, California, a Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara, California, a cote du rhone and lastly a bordeaux from Lalande de Pomerol. I didn't really like drinking either of the last two as they sort of blew my tastebuds off. Chef assured me that I would feel very different about them if I was eating some large portion of animal flesh. Unfortunately all I had was a crust of bread. It was a fun day, though. I did miss cooking at the stove, but a day of wine education was certainly not bad. I ended up going to dinner with chef, his wife, and some other couple that they had worked with. The evening ended with us drinking cocktails and having sort of a dance off. I haven't quiet figured out how things escalated to that but I had a fantastic time.
Monday's agenda: Wine Day #2

No comments: